Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Banana Bread Recipe

Hi all!

2 posts in 2 days.....WHA?  I know, I know it's craziness! ;)  Lots of prayers for those in the eye of Sandy.  While we are only getting cold weather and lots of wind we stayed inside yesterday and I decided to make banana bread as a yummy snack for M.


I love this recipe because I most always have the ingredients on hand and it is simpler than others I have come across.  The bad thing is that I have no idea where I got this recipe because I have been making it for over 10 years.  Oops!

Banana Bread Recipe

Ingredients:
1 3/4 cup flour
2 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp baking soda
3/4 tsp salt
1/3 cup shortening
2/3 cup sugar
2 eggs
1 cup bananas (I use 2-3 medium over ripe)

Directions:
Stir together and pour into a well-greased 4x8x2 1/2 inch pan.  Bake at 350 for 40-50 min or until browned.  Cool on a rack.

I love to eat it with a cup of coffee in the morning or with tea in the afternoon.  I usually microwave a slice for 20 seconds or so in the microwave because it's so delicious warm!

Enjoy!


Post a Comment

previous next