Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Mirror Makeover

Hi all!

I have been busy with several projects around the house. I'm anxious to show you them over the next few days.

The first was a mirror I got on Craigslist for free last fall in Florida. I am kicking myself for not taking a before picture. I thought I had one and now I can't find it. Ugh. Anyway it was bright blue and all beat up.....but when I saw it and it was free, I knew I had to have it.


After sanding and spray painting it black, Jacob hung it for me last night (I told you I hate hanging stuff!) over the buffet in the dining room.



You may remember that I purchased the dresser for $20 and gave it a makeover. Details on that project here.


As you can see I haven't touched the brass chandelier, which will change at some point. I might take it down and spray it black since we won't be purchasing anything new until we buy a table.

At first I was worried about the scale of the mirror and the fact that it is pretty big over the buffet. However, it's growing on me. A matching pair of lamps are on my list to flank the mirror. I simply grabbed things from around the house to stage these pictures.

It's amazing that this whole project only cost $10 for 2 cans of spray paint!


Emily

7 comments

  1. I love this! How did you avoid getting paint on the reflective part of the mirror? I see free mirrors on craigslist from time to time and I wouldn't mind having one over the dresser in the nursery one day.

    By the way, I don't think the size is an issue... they actually look like they could go together.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! I popped out the actual mirror when I spray painted it. You could always tape paper over it if you couldn't get it out. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's gorgeous! Makes me want to break out the paint and start transforming furniture! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love, love, love the shape of it!!It looks fantastic!

    Suzanne

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks! It was an easy project....I love it when you think it will be easy and it actually is! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love it!!! So bold and fabulous!!! Love your style!

    ReplyDelete

previous next